Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Simplest Treat


I was so excited to have my great friend Theary back in town for a few days.  She is one of my main supporters and was a huge help in getting this blog started.  Since this wasn't just another food project, but a day of catching up I knew we were going to need the essentials....Starbucks coffee, wine and something delicious to snack on.  Why snacks when we are already cooking a great meal?  A food and photo project takes way more time than simply cooking a meal.  You stop at several points during the preparation, move the food all over the kitchen, heat it, re-heat it, cool, turn, pause....you get the idea.  All the while smelling the food you can't wait to eat and staring at it, while it looks super delicious.  You start to feel like a little kid, after a few minutes that "I want it now!" mentality sets in.  However, if you have something to snack on this whole process is a lot easier.  Having said that, the snack must be quick and easy.  Since our meal was Italian inspired, I thought our snack should follow suit.  I picked up a loaf of crusty sourdough bread, some fresh on the vine tomatoes, a round of goat cheese and some fresh thyme.  I sliced the bread on the bias and tossed it in the broiler for a quick minute.  Once the bread was lightly toasted I spread a layer of the goat cheese on each slice.  Next came a sprinkle of fresh thyme, thinly sliced tomatoes and topped with a few crumbles of the goat cheese.  I put the bread back under the broiler to melt the cheese and soften up the tomatoes.  What a wonder snack with a glass of wine!  I would recommended it for anyone who needs a quick and delicious treat, especially if your looking to hold over a hungry crowd.

Keep checking back for additional recipes from this latest food adventure.  A recipe and photos for Chicken Parmigiana with herb noodles is next.  And as a extra bonus, a delightful spring inspired dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment