Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken and Chives


Some of my best taste testers are my family.  They are always up for letting me take over the kitchen for the evening.  I like to experiment a little when I have a larger group to cook for, however I've learned the best results come from clean, easy dishes with simple and fresh flavors.  Chicken is always a big hit, and both my parents love it if I can add something strait from the garden.  This dish is a particular favorite because it is low on ingredients and high in flavor. 

Here's what you'll need:
1lb chicken breast, cleaned of all fat and cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 stick butter
1 medium onion, sliced thin
2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup dry white wine
Flour
Salt and pepper

Lightly season your chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge through the flour.  Melt a couple tablespoons of the butter in a hot skillet and brown your chicken on both sides.  Remove from pan and set aside.
Add your onions and garlic to the pan, satuee until translucent.  Add your wine and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated. 
Add your chicken back to the pan, along with a couple more tablespoons of butter and your freshly cut chives.  Give it a gentle stir to ensure all the chicken pieces get evenly coated with butter and chives.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment