Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sabayon

Have you ever seen that show 'The Best Thing I Ever Ate"?  It's a food network special where they ask famous chefs and T.V. personalities about their favorite dish of all time.  Now, I don't by any means consider myself to be in the ranks with the members of that show but I do have an all time favorite, favorite, favorite thing I have ever eaten.  And now I'm sharing it with you. 

SABAYON....mmmmm, even the name for it is delicious.  Simple, sweet and smooth, the flavor is one of a kind.  The creamy texture coats the inside of your mouth and mixes with a burst of fresh fruit flavor, the minty finish is a refreshing ending to every bite.  This dessert will quickly climb to the top of your cravings list.   

And here's the best part, you can probably find all the ingredients in your kitchen right now. 

4oz egg yolks
8oz sugar
8oz dry white wine or champagne

Over a hot bain marie (double boiler) whisk all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl until pale and at the ribbon stage.  (when you pull the whisk out, the batter that falls will momentary stand on the batter in the pot, creating the illusion of a ribbon)  Remove from heat and chill slightly. 


Pour over fresh berries (any combination) and top with fresh mint. 

That's it.  Two simple steps to a taste of heaven.  Enjoy! 
***photos courtesy of the world wide web

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious, quick and easy! May have to give that a try soon!

    ReplyDelete