Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Monday, February 28, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

This dish is neither a dessert or pizza, just a yummy little treat that I wanted to share.  Curried Chicken Salad.  I make this for just me, so if your feeding a family you might want to up the portion sizes. 

1 chicken breast (cleaned and fat free)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
curry powder
crushed red peppers
green onion
lemon
salt and pepper

Lightly season your chicken with salt and pepper then grill or bake until cooked through.  Allow to cool then shred or chop into tiny pieces.  Start with the yogurt, 1 tablespoon at a time, mix with the chicken until you reach your desired creamy-ness.  Chop your green onions nice and small and mix them in.  Next comes the seasoning, start 1 teaspoon at a time with both the curry and red pepper until you reach your desired flavor/spice level.  Finally add a couple zests of the lemon peel and donezo! 

This is great to snack on with crackers or make a yummy sandwich with whole wheat bread. 

OR my absolute favorite way to serve this, with Naan.  Trader Joe's has an amazing garlic naan that comes in the freezer section.  In less than two minutes it's heated and ready. 

A side note for my veggie family and friends....switch the chicken with thinly sliced cucumbers, onions, and red bell peppers for a tasty treat.  Or if you allow eggs in your diet, this makes a delicious egg salad too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment