Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Friday, August 12, 2011

Wedding Desserts

Recent my good friends Jessica and Eric Weber got married.  Jess and I went to culinary school together and immediately became friends based on our common backgrounds and love of small town live.  I was more than excited to be invited to her wedding and thrilled when she asked me to help her prepare some of the desserts.  Jess is an amazing baker and took on the ambitious task of making all of her wedding desserts by herself and from scratch.  The menu included fruit tarts, chocolate tarts, individual pies (cherry, apple and strawberry rhubarb), cake balls (cherry, coffee, almond, strawberry), homemade marshmallows and Carmel corn.  Most everything was prepared when I arrived two days before the ceremony, however the fruit tarts needed to be done as close to service as possible so they became my task.  I haven't had a large scale baking project in months and I almost forgot how much I love it.  I had such a great time making pastry cream, chocolate silk and fruit glaze.  The tarts turned out beautifully and tasted amazing!  The dessert display at the wedding was phenomenal, people were stealing treats before they even had their dinner!  I count myself blessed to have wonderful friends like Jess and Eric and to have been able to be a part of their big day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment