Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Friday, January 14, 2011

Best Breakfast of 2010

This is an awesome breakfast power packed full of veggies.  Its so good, I sometimes eat it for dinner too.  I first time I had this yummy meal was when my friends Crystal and Tom came to visit for a few days.  Crystal is such a good cook, she learned most of her skills from her grandmother.  I can remember hanging out at Crystals house when her grandma was visiting mostly because I knew I would be sent home with a bag full of home made tortillas.  As a thank you for my hospitality, Crystal cooked while she and Tom crashed at my place.  On their last morning, this is what she made for me. 

1lb ground hamburger or turkey
1 fresh jalapeno, minced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic
1 small onion, small dice
1 medium sized zucchini, small dice
1 medium sized yellow squash, small dice
1 can sweet yellow corn
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2-3 eggs

Start with the jalapeno, onion, garlic and olive oil, saute until translucent.  Add in the zucchini and squash and cook until Al Dente then add in the hamburger.  Cook through. Add in the corn, season with salt and pepper and top with the cheese and remove from heat.

Fry up a couple eggs to your liking and serve with tortillas.  I personally think the best way to eat this dish is with your hands.  Before you dig in with your bare fingers take a fork and cut up the egg so the runny yolk can soak into the rest of the food.  Grab a piece of tortilla, scoop up some goodness and enjoy! 

1 comment: