Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

momma's garden






This post will be shot but sweet. I've mentioned in several of my posts the fresh foods that I get out of my momma's garden. And I finally got out there for myself with some friends and a camera. It's a community garden which means the city owns it and several locals rent plots to grow produce and flowers that they don't have room for at home. Some of the photos are from my mom's plot and some are from neighbors gardens. This was our first year planting and we've learned alot. Next year we are hoping for bigger and better crops. And of coarse we will try out new plants too. It's nice to have so many gardens in one area so you can learn from your nieghbors failures and sucesses. So many differnt ideas and inspirations. Several of the 'farmers' share their crops as well. It's such a fun, friendly place to spend an afternoon. Many larger cities have these community gardens as well. So no matter where you are in the world you have no excuse to not get out there and start growing for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment