Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Friday, May 28, 2010

soup's on!









Pea Soup, doesn't sound to appetizing but oh man is it delicious. And this is the pea soup that first inspired my peas and pasta (check I'll have the pasta for the recipe). I remember first coming across a recipe for this soup in one of Jamie Oliver's cook books. He is my favorite chef and biggest career inspiration by far. I never doubt a recipe of his, I know it will be worth my while to try. For those of you unfamiliar with Jamie Oliver, first off check out his food revolution and second try ANY recipe that you find. His main mission is to make healthy food enjoyable and easy. Me, I love my veggies so I think that's why I find so much of his food appealing. Anyways, back to the soup. Creamy soups are my favorite, actually I think they are everyone's favorite. I mean what's not to like? Starting with the first look, rich and full, steam rising from the bowl. Creamy soups also tend to have more appealing colors, just slightly subdued from their vibrate vegetable state. And before you even taste them, you feel them. When that spoon first hits your lips and the velvety texture coats the inside of your mouth. The warmth spreads into your chest and you have no choice but to smile and take another bite. For me soup is wonderful enough to warrant a trip to the grocery store specifically for the ingredients needed. However, that's hardly ever necessary. Most people have everything they need at home. Just look in your fridge. That left over corn on the cob from your memorial day cookout, turn it into a mid-west chowder. Next time you have steak and baked potatoes, throw a couple extra spuds in the oven and wala! Ingredients for baked potato soup. Extra enchilada filling? add some tomato juice and now you have a fiesta soup for dinner. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment