Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Curry and Ice Wine


Two of my favorite things. Not just in the food arena but in life in general. However, most of my favorite things in life tend to fall into a food group of some sort. And that is what led me to Chicago almost two years ago to train my passion for food into a challenging, invigorating career. Because that's what a good career should do, right? Everyone deserves a job that they look forward to each day, something that keeps their mind (and hopefully body) active. I've only been making a living of making food for a couple years now and I still love every second of it. However, in my short time I've noticed that Chefs that have been in this business for a long time have lost the love for it. Maybe that is to harsh...maybe they haven't lost the love but they are no longer 'in love' with it. They don't cook at home anymore, they have a set of recipes that work, a few good (or great) tricks up their sleeves that work and wow. And that's where it ends. But that's not where I want my creative edge to end. I started this adventure for just that, adventure. I want to keep learning, keep exploring, continue making wonderful discoveries and horrible mistakes. So my plan starts here, with this blog. I will pick a topic each month, a type of food, a technique, a country, a culinary fad, ect... to explore, discover, and maybe master. So stay tuned friends hopefully this will be some good insight for everyone and if your close by, some tasty treats too.

No comments:

Post a Comment