Food is my passion. I find my inspiration in everyday life and LOVE to cook and create for family and friends. I'm a classically trained chef, but prefer to cook from the heart. Food adventures and experiments of a classically trained chef and hopeful journalist. Enjoy. - Jamie Wolff

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Country Gourmet



So for those of you that are already following along, this month you get an extra treat. My good friend Theary (and wonderful photographer) asked me to cook and style some food for her to shoot and we both thought that this blog would be a great place to showcase those photos. We started our day at some local markets, or at least looking for some local markets. What we found was a nursery and a whole foods. It seems farmers markets in the Omaha area don't stay open on Sundays. But our imporvised plan worked even better than I could have imagined. I was able to buy fresh herb plants to use in my dishes and now I have them to use all year long. The hardest part of the trip was choosing the right plant from the huge selection we found; chocolate mint, basil mint, spearmint, lemon mint, the row went on and on...(I choose chocolate) I also feel in love with a beautiful squash plant (with blossom attached) and some hierloom tomoto vines which will hopefully provide more pictures and recipes as the summer goes on. The shopping trip was a huge sucess, we found everything we needed and more. But I think the most important thing we got for the day was inspiration, that one market gave me tons of new foodie ideas and the food shoot was so much fun that we have decided we must do it again! Keep watching for photos from the shoot, and my May 'thing' of the month, PASTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment